The newly formed ISKCON Harinam Sankirtan Ministry is holding the World Holy Name Festival, coming up from September 17 – 23. This year, they aspire to expand the festival beyond the borders of ISKCON into the greater society. With the support of devotees worldwide the festival can reach out and bring the holy names to new people.
Because of the global pandemic, traditional ways to share Harinam, on the streets and in kirtan events, are severely restricted. Thus, they plan to offer many ways to participate online and in smaller safer settings.
To do this they need devotees’ help with the artwork, marketing, web development and audio and video production, organizing in local areas. Anyone interested to get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the coming weeks, they will be providing resources to help devotees celebrate the World Holy Name Festival. These include materials to participate in the Japathon, Holy Name Retreats, and even learn a new beat on the mridanga!
And, most importantly, they will give ways for devotees to share Harinam with others. This main outreach program is in conjunction with the Fortunate People campaign. Fortunate People is a global effort to collect audio and video recordings of people chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. It’s especially meant to make it fun, easy and inspiring to get people to chant the maha-mantra for the first time as part of it’s worldwide Love and Peace campaign.
The World Holy Name Festival will especially focus on the theme of “Let’s Make the World Fortunate” through the Fortunate People program. They’ll soon be sharing more details on how you can participate to the fullest extent.
But for now anyone can get started by making a recording of themselves chanting, and uploading it on www.fortunate-people.com. Then they are requested to find a friend or family member who are not chanting, and encourage them also to record and upload a chant.
See this video with His Holiness Lokanath Swami, Minister of Harinam Sankirtan, sharing more information on Fortunate People.
To make sure not to miss anything please join the lists:
World Holy Name Festival (WHNF) Tentative Schedule 2020
Throughout the Festival we’ll highlight the Fortunate People “One Plus One” Campaign
Sept. 16: Adivas:
1. Individual Yatras broadcast Bhaktivinode Thakur bhajans that glorify the Holy Name.
2. Welcome Podcast: Curtain Raiser with Lokanath Swami, Pancharatna das, and special guests.
Sept. 17 – 23: Daily
1. 5 pm – 6 pm (IST): Online Japa Retreat (7 days / 7 facilitators)
2. 6 pm – 7 pm (IST): Srimad Bhagavatam Classes with Holy Name verse.
3. 7 pm – 8 pm (IST): Kirtan broadcast (7 days / 7 kirtaniyas)
4. 8 pm – 9 pm: Namamrta: Glories of the Holy Name (7 days / 7 speakers)
5. After Mangal Arotik, reading Srila Prabhupada Quotes on Holy Name (each center). We will provide suggested quotes.
6. Daily Srimad Bhagavatam Classes in local centers with suggested verses on Holy Names.
1. Sept 20: Global Kirtan Connect: Each time zone takes a turn for one hour of kirtan for a total of 24 hours, encircling the globe with a garland of Kirtan. 24 Time Zones. 24 Empowered Kirtan Leaders. 24 Hours of Ecstatic Kirtan!
2. Sept 20: Nagar Sankirtan: Devotees around the world are encouraged, Government regulations permitting, to take Harinam Sankirtan to the public in the streets, parks, etc.
3. Sept 24 (Grand Finale): Global Japathon
* * *
Please visit the new website (under construction, but lots of resources already available) www.kirtanministry.com
Please contact email@example.com for more information.